Dazzling cafe is well-known for its princess-like interior decoration and honey toasts. When it first opened it’s two stores (Pink and Mint), reservations had to be made a month before by phone, and you must wait at least for more than 2 hours if waiting in line.
Dazzling cafe sunshine is the third store opened in Shin Kong Mitsukoshi A11 (信義新光A11). We went around 8:00pm, since it was after dinner hour, we didn’t have to wait.
Since I’ve been here more than 3 times, pretty much know what to order for 2. An entrée and a dessert! Minimum charge is a cup of drink, so we both were required to order drinks.
↑Smoked Chicken and Mushroom Panini–NT$160
My first time ordering this, and it was actually very delicious. Toast bread was crispy, with melted cheese, fresh lettuce, and of course smoked chicken and mushroom!
The new one was drizzling in foamy cream, coated with butter. Extra honey was presented on the side with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. What came to my surprise was the brick toasts were soft, not crispy. I actually preferred the crispy ones… I guess the best thing on that dish was the vanilla ice cream and egg custard!
If anyone is interested in the making of Honey Toast, I found a website via elle.com.tw! Click here to see in Chinese, for english I’ve translated down below, enjoy 🙂
A. Egg Custard
- egg yolk……………72g
- cake flour…………..8g
- corn flour………….8g
- vanilla pod…………few
- Mix the egg yolk and sugar first, then pour in sifted cake and corn flour and mix evenly.
- Boil the milk, sugar and vanilla pod, add the mixture into step 1.
- Continue whipping it in a double-boiler until 82 degree °C, then add in the butter and mix well.
- Pour step 3 into a baking tray with plastic wrap over it. Refrigerate to cool.
B. Classic Honey Toast
- Half loaf of bread
- Granulated sugar
- Egg Custard
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Fruit of your choice
- Mint leaf, optional
- Use a sharp knife, cut out a square about 1cm from the edge of the bread.
- Hollow out the center and slice into cubical square, butter it and sprinkle with some granulated sugar. Bake for 7-10 min till it’s golden brown and crispy.
- Put the cubical square bread back into the bread bowl.
- Start decorating it with pre-made egg custard, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, some honey and fruits!